Ascendant Studios is looking for an associate producer to work with our level design, environment art, outsourcing and production teams, ensuring schedules, deliverables, priorities and progress are clearly communicated and advance our efforts towards team-wide milestones. This is a full time, on-site or hybrid position at our office in San Rafael, California.
- Coordinate and track the efforts of internal and external teams
- Work with directors and other producers to schedule, scope, and budget asset creation
- Communicate development status to stakeholders
- Write detailed and thorough tasks, ensuring that dependencies and requirements are documented
- Adapt plans to and schedules based on evolving conditions and team-wide priorities
- Schedule and run meetings, including weekly level reviews, daily standups, and others as needed
- Take notes during meetings and ensure that action items are written up and assigned
- Work with team leads and individual contributors to surface concerns and prevent issues before they occur
- Resolve conflicts between schedule, complexity, and team goals
- 2+ years of experience in a production role in the video games industry managing interdisciplinary teams. Commitment to building and maintaining a healthy schedule and collaborative, friendly team culture.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, requirements, and dependencies between different departments inside and outside the company
- Understanding of game production pipelines and dependencies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, organization, and multitasking ability.
- Comfortable with Google suite or MS Office, project management software (Jira, TeamGantt) and version control (Perforce)
Good to Have
- Experience on one project through a full development cycle, concept to shipment
- Experience managing level creation on an AAA team
- Worked with distributed teams and co-dev partners using agile and waterfall methodologies
- Familiar with Unreal Engine 4 or 5