Junior Integration Artist (Contract)
- San Rafael, CA
- Art (Contract)
- Entry Level
Ascendant Studios is looking for a Junior Integration Artist to assist the Art Outsourcing team with integration and set up of props in Unreal. This is a contract position and can be onsite at our office in San Rafael, California or remote as needed.
This position can be remote or in-person. Our new office, set in an old bank (yes, we kept the vault, aka our game room), has just opened after a 2 year renovation, steps away from shops, restaurants, and San Rafael’s vibrant downtown.
Founded by industry veterans, Ascendant Studios is a fully independent AAA game studio committed to making richly detailed, visceral, narrative-driven action games of the highest quality that players will never forget. We are currently working on our first title, an imaginative and original new IP, which we have complete ownership and creative control of.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside the Art Outsourcing team and team leads to ensure all art delivered from external vendors is integrated properly, and ready for review.
- Participate in reviews of assets with Art Outsource Managers and Art Leads.
- Identify and call out potential issues with assets to management.
- Assist Outsourcing Team with task creation and tracking as needed.
You you are:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of artistic and technical fundamentals of 3D art.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Maya and/or 3DS Max, Zbrush, and the Substance suite.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Previous experience in the game industry, including one full development cycle from preproduction to launch.
- Experience with Perforce, Jira, and Teamwork software.
More About Ascendant:
Located in beautiful San Rafael, California, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay area, Ascendant is founded by Bret Robbins, creative director and visionary behind the original Dead Space, as well as the campaigns for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Advanced Warfare, and WWII. The studio’s leadership has assembled a team of industry veterans with more than 600 combined years of BAFTA and Game of the Year award-winning experience on beloved franchises such as Telltale's The Walking Dead, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Borderlands, The Wolf Among Us, Mafia, Tomb Raider, Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid, The Elder Scrolls, Call of Duty, Dead Space and Bioshock.
At Ascendant, everyone on our dispersed, 90+ person team is encouraged to contribute ideas to our new IP. We value creativity, inclusivity, equality, collaboration and professionalism, and we are fostering a fun, mature and ego-less studio culture built on a foundation of respect and an earnest top-down belief in a healthy work/life balance.
We believe that teams with varied backgrounds and life experiences make better games. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability status, gender expression or identity, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, race, religion, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.